Friday, March 5, 2010

More Snow! - Again

I have been a bit disappointed that since we moved to Utah there really hadn't been very much snow. :( In fact, in February we received .19 inches of "precipitation" and the average is 1.91. Thursday Kim and I had our "Friday Night Date" and he took me to Tucanos for lunch. (lucky me) When we arrived it had just started to rain a little then as we sat eating it started raining harder and finally turned to snow. It continued to snow for quite awhile. It was snowing pretty hard, but it had stopped by the time we went to bed. I was so excited this morning to see that it was still snowing!! Before when it had snowed I tried to take "falling snow" pictures with no luck, but this time It was snowing hard enough and the flakes were big enough that the snow showed up in the pictures. Here is what I was blessed to see. :) First a short video, then some pictures.



Kim measured the snow on the table we always photograph in the snow. He recorded almost 9 inches in spite of the fact that the weather channel shows we had about .5 inches over the two days.


The "Table" ;-)



You can see some snow falling in the table picture, but I really like this picture. The snow shows up really well with this house as a background



This was a late winter snow so it will be completely melted in a few days, but it was fun to see. :)


No comments: